Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Chan's first overseas trip

First post from Mummy Chan.. haha..

2 weeks before we got to know the big news, we just paid for a deposit of our family trip to Australia in early Feb. That became the biggest worry to me as I knew that it is not advisable for pregnant lady to travel during first trimester. And if I was to call off the trip because of that, my parents will be really disappointed as this is the first time we are going for a holiday together as a family. After a 2 hours discussion, we decided to leave the final decision to the expert - Dr Lim.

During my checkup prior to the trip, Dr Lim advised me that I was having this oversized "yolk sac" (don't ask me what is that exactly, after much reading on the net, I was still confused about the cause and implication of it).. All I heard from Dr Lim was that a normal yolk sac should be 5mm and mine was already 7mm, which might cause early miscarriage. What a shocking news? How about our Australia trip then?? Fortunately, Dr Lim is a super calm and open-minded gynae, he asked me to go ahead and enjoy my holiday. And, as long as I am not going for the roller coaster in Gold Coast, I should be perfectly fine... (Gosh, who cares about the roller coaster, I will never try that even if I am not pregnant)...

Just as what he predicted, I had plenty of fun with my beloved Winson and parents, of course not forgetting the presence of our baby Chan.. haha.. It was quite a short trip but we had a total of 15 hours flight (including a domestic flight from Sydney to Melbourne). Luckily our little fetus did not let me suffer from any morning sickness at all, I could still eat and sleep well on the flight.. And we covered quite a long distance by foot daily (my parents simply enjoy walking..). Somehow I think not just me, but maybe the rest 3 have also forgotten that I was almost 3 months preggy at that time, haha.. I only had a bit of cramps like normal menstrual cramp at night, that was quickly eased off with our relaxing and interesting itinerary.. Win is a true great partner, he was taking care of every tiny miny details while I just enjoy.. comfy hotel room, nice scenery with good food and friendly people around.. all great memories that we can share with our baby in the years to come..

One week after our trip, we headed down to Dr Lim's clinic on Valentine's day. Dr Lim said my yolk sac disappeared and baby is doing all good (I am sure he had forgotten all about the yolk sac thingy until I asked him). Till now I still keep thinking back, how amazing it is that we brought baby Chan along for his first overseas trip, when he was just about 12 weeks old growing happily inside me!!!!

0 thoughts on this article:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com